Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year. New Blog.

I have the best of intentions, but you know how the saying goes. I will not go so far as to say that I am paving the road to hell; however, my best of intentions were simply not good enough this year. I intended to run more regularly. I intended to not drink soda or eat any fast food. I intended to read through the Bible. I intended to blog weekly. The list could go on.

That is what is so beautiful about a new year. Nature (or Pope Gregory) sees fit to turn the page on the year past and offer a blank slate for the year ahead. That, my friends, is a wonderful thing. As the first day of this new year comes to a close, I am reflecting on the past year and dreaming about the future. I am trying to imagine what could possibly happen...what breakthroughs are just around the corner, what dreams I have yet to dream, what impossibilities are destined to be realities.

I have decided that resolutions are ineffective and only manage to help me wallow in guilt. And who needs help wallowing in guilt? Instead, I have decided to allow myself to dream and imagine. A little every day. And not simply dreaming on accident. I will dream on purpose.

My intention is to write more regularly about my dreams and plans, but we know what happens with my intentions. Perhaps this year you will join me in the dream world. One can hope.

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~ Walt Disney

"Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly." ~ Langston Hughes


2 comments:

  1. sounds like a good plan!! One of my new years resolutions is to blog regularly and run regularly. haha we can keep each other in check!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good, Cassie! And you must post knitting tutorials!!! You're so good!

    ReplyDelete